Sugar waxing is the most gently hair removal process at this moment, used in many beauty salons. With this recipe I will show you how simple is to prepare it at home!
Using sugar instead of traditional wax is becoming more and more a trend among women. The main reason is that sugar waxing is much less painful than traditional waxing.
This process is perfect especially if you have sensitive skin. It also offers you a gently skin exfoliation so you will end up not only with hairless but also with baby skin.
I must say my first thought was to try sugar waxing in a beauty salon. After little documentation I realized it is quite simple to make it. You do not have to be a crafty person and you sure save some money.
Sugar waxing is based on the next 3 ingredients:
- 2 cups of sugar;
- 1/4 cup water;
- 1/4 cup lemon juice.
The process is simple. You need to pay attention to obtain the needed texture:
- Put all 3 ingredients in a pot and start boiling them at medium heat.
- The sugar mixture will reach the boiling point quite fast. You need to pay attention because the composition will start making bubbles.
- When you see the bubbles reaching the edge of the pot, switch from medium to low heat. Now you need to continuously stir until the sugar mixture becomes to have a slight caramel color.
- In only few minutes your paste will be ready: the consistency should be like the honey.
You can choose to use it immediately as it will cool or you can store it in a jar and use it another time.
Sugar wax can be applied in two ways:
- using a wood spatula you apply the paste then place a waxing strip and pull in the direction of hair growth
- you form little sugar paste balls, spread them on your skin and then pull the sugar strips in the direction of hair growth.
Why I choose to use this method? Because sugar waxing is the painless hair removal method. Also is the cheapest, is natural, catches tiny hair and is very comfortable.
I am curious how many of you have tried the sugar waxing method. I am very eager to find out your opinion. For those of you who did not tried it yet I dare you to do.