Last week I tried a new homemade soap recipe. I did not had the time to share it with you until now, but is never to late to do this. So here it is.
It is a very simple soap recipe and it will be ready very fast. For this recipe I chose to use a “melt and pour” soap base, made only from vegetable ingredients. The soap base I’ve used contains among others: coconut oil, palm oil, vegetable glycerine, saffron oil and sodium hydroxide.
My homemade coconut soap is based on the following ingredients:
- 66-68 g melt&pour soap base;
- 3-5 g coconut oil;
- 1.5-2 g coconut powder;
- 1.5-2 g olive wax.
These quantities are enough to make one soap. I have also used a digital scale to be sure I use the proper quantities.
How I made it:
1. First I cut the soap base in very little pieces so I can melt it faster.
2. At bain-marie, I have melted all the ingredients by stirring continuously until I’ve obtained a liquid composition.
3. I have prepared a round soap mold and poured the composition into it.
4. I left it for 24h and then took it our from the mold.
5. After another 24h the soap is ready for use.
Either you choose to make it for yourself or wrap it for a gift, this creamy and nourishing coconut soap is wonderful for the skin.
This neutral base will help you prepare personalized homemade soaps in a very simple manner. You just need to decide what color you want it to be, what properties you will like your soap to have (exfoliate, nourishing,etc.) or how it should smell.